- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Community news and notes: Week of May 12-18, 2010
Ignite, the region’s young professionals organization, named Caitlin Ludwig its new director. Ludwig had been a member of the group’s Leadership Team. Ludwig is responsible for overseeing the development and growth of the broad-based regional organization including its more than 200 members, several events and community initiatives. Ignite consists of diverse young professionals working together to showcase the Rockford region as a cool place to live, work and play. … Nels Akerlund of Rockford received special honors in the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International 2010 Awards of Excellence 16×20 Print Competition. “Untitled_002” received an Accolade of Excellence in the Bride or Groom Alone category. The annual international competition included 3,388 prints in 18 categories from photographers all over the world. … Larry Andersen of Rockford recently earned membership in the Million Dollar Round Table. He is a 38-year MDRT life and qualifying member. Membership is attained by life insurance producers who meet MDRT’s annual production requirement, are members of their local life underwriters association and sell a minimum of 25 lives/cases. Million Dollar Round Table membership represents the top 1 percent of all life underwriters worldwide.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue