- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Groove Walk: 10 bars, 10 bands, one cover
By Jim Hagerty
Downtown will be buzzing with live music this Saturday, May 15, as the annual Groove Walk festival kicks off. Ten bands will perform at 10 venues.
Groove Walk allows music fans to walk from venue to venue or ride the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley to hear each award-winning band. Country, classic rock, pop, Latino, jazz and blues will be featured during On the Waterfront’s Groove Walk.
The trolley, sponsored by Rasmussen College, is free and will run along the event route throughout Saturday evening.
Shows start at 9 p.m. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. One ticket is valid for admission into all establishments.
More information about Groove Walk is at onthewaterfront.com.
Groove Walk bands and venues
Brio Restaurant—Mana Kintorso
Carlyle Brewing Co.—Brother K
CJ’s Lounge—Vintage Vinyl
Deli Italia Lounge—LYX
Irish Rose—Dean Moriarty Jazz Band
Kryptonite—Out of the Blues Jazz Quartet
Rue Marche—Southern Heritage
Swilligan’s Pub—Second Wind
The Office—Lizzi Neal Band
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue