- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Groove Walk: 10 bars, 10 bands, one cover
By Jim Hagerty
Downtown will be buzzing with live music this Saturday, May 15, as the annual Groove Walk festival kicks off. Ten bands will perform at 10 venues.
Groove Walk allows music fans to walk from venue to venue or ride the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley to hear each award-winning band. Country, classic rock, pop, Latino, jazz and blues will be featured during On the Waterfront’s Groove Walk.
The trolley, sponsored by Rasmussen College, is free and will run along the event route throughout Saturday evening.
Shows start at 9 p.m. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. One ticket is valid for admission into all establishments.
More information about Groove Walk is at onthewaterfront.com.
Groove Walk bands and venues
Brio Restaurant—Mana Kintorso
Carlyle Brewing Co.—Brother K
CJ’s Lounge—Vintage Vinyl
Deli Italia Lounge—LYX
Irish Rose—Dean Moriarty Jazz Band
Kryptonite—Out of the Blues Jazz Quartet
Rue Marche—Southern Heritage
Swilligan’s Pub—Second Wind
The Office—Lizzi Neal Band
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue