- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Groove Walk: 10 bars, 10 bands, one cover
By Jim Hagerty
Downtown will be buzzing with live music this Saturday, May 15, as the annual Groove Walk festival kicks off. Ten bands will perform at 10 venues.
Groove Walk allows music fans to walk from venue to venue or ride the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley to hear each award-winning band. Country, classic rock, pop, Latino, jazz and blues will be featured during On the Waterfront’s Groove Walk.
The trolley, sponsored by Rasmussen College, is free and will run along the event route throughout Saturday evening.
Shows start at 9 p.m. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. One ticket is valid for admission into all establishments.
More information about Groove Walk is at onthewaterfront.com.
Groove Walk bands and venues
Brio Restaurant—Mana Kintorso
Carlyle Brewing Co.—Brother K
CJ’s Lounge—Vintage Vinyl
Deli Italia Lounge—LYX
Irish Rose—Dean Moriarty Jazz Band
Kryptonite—Out of the Blues Jazz Quartet
Rue Marche—Southern Heritage
Swilligan’s Pub—Second Wind
The Office—Lizzi Neal Band
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue