- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Groove Walk: 10 bars, 10 bands, one cover
By Jim Hagerty
Downtown will be buzzing with live music this Saturday, May 15, as the annual Groove Walk festival kicks off. Ten bands will perform at 10 venues.
Groove Walk allows music fans to walk from venue to venue or ride the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley to hear each award-winning band. Country, classic rock, pop, Latino, jazz and blues will be featured during On the Waterfront’s Groove Walk.
The trolley, sponsored by Rasmussen College, is free and will run along the event route throughout Saturday evening.
Shows start at 9 p.m. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. One ticket is valid for admission into all establishments.
More information about Groove Walk is at onthewaterfront.com.
Groove Walk bands and venues
Brio Restaurant—Mana Kintorso
Carlyle Brewing Co.—Brother K
CJ’s Lounge—Vintage Vinyl
Deli Italia Lounge—LYX
Irish Rose—Dean Moriarty Jazz Band
Kryptonite—Out of the Blues Jazz Quartet
Rue Marche—Southern Heritage
Swilligan’s Pub—Second Wind
The Office—Lizzi Neal Band
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue