- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program explores complementary medicine
From press release
“Complementary Medicine: Maximizing Your Health & Wellness” is the title of the free OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center Community Health Program to be held Wednesday, May 19, in the atrium at the Medical Center.
The program begins at 5 p.m. with free bone density, blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol and women’s heart disease risk screenings in the Saint Anthony, Saint Joseph and Saint Francis conference rooms.
At 6 .p.m., Dr. Cheryl Peterson, OSF Medical Group-Rock Cut, board-certified family medicine specialist and acupuncturist, will discuss various topics in complementary medicine, including medical acupuncture, homeopathy, herbs, aromatherapy and nutritional assessments tailored to an individual’s unique needs.
Light refreshments will be served.
The program is free, but reservations are required by calling OSF Saint Anthony Cardiovascular Services at (815) 395-5493.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue