- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program explores complementary medicine
From press release
“Complementary Medicine: Maximizing Your Health & Wellness” is the title of the free OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center Community Health Program to be held Wednesday, May 19, in the atrium at the Medical Center.
The program begins at 5 p.m. with free bone density, blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol and women’s heart disease risk screenings in the Saint Anthony, Saint Joseph and Saint Francis conference rooms.
At 6 .p.m., Dr. Cheryl Peterson, OSF Medical Group-Rock Cut, board-certified family medicine specialist and acupuncturist, will discuss various topics in complementary medicine, including medical acupuncture, homeopathy, herbs, aromatherapy and nutritional assessments tailored to an individual’s unique needs.
Light refreshments will be served.
The program is free, but reservations are required by calling OSF Saint Anthony Cardiovascular Services at (815) 395-5493.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue