- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program explores complementary medicine
From press release
“Complementary Medicine: Maximizing Your Health & Wellness” is the title of the free OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center Community Health Program to be held Wednesday, May 19, in the atrium at the Medical Center.
The program begins at 5 p.m. with free bone density, blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol and women’s heart disease risk screenings in the Saint Anthony, Saint Joseph and Saint Francis conference rooms.
At 6 .p.m., Dr. Cheryl Peterson, OSF Medical Group-Rock Cut, board-certified family medicine specialist and acupuncturist, will discuss various topics in complementary medicine, including medical acupuncture, homeopathy, herbs, aromatherapy and nutritional assessments tailored to an individual’s unique needs.
Light refreshments will be served.
The program is free, but reservations are required by calling OSF Saint Anthony Cardiovascular Services at (815) 395-5493.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue