- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
OSF St. Anthony Center for Sports Medicine offers discount on golf program
From press release
If you are searching for a unique gift, perhaps for a graduation or Father’s Day or for your own fitness, you might want to consider the Golf Advancement Program (GAP), an individualized program offered through the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness.
“Filling the GAP between the lessons and the links,” the Golf Advancement Program helps participants understand the biomechanics of the golf swing, learn about key muscles used in golf, improve strength and flexibility, reduce the risk of golf-related injuries and decrease aches and pains following a round of golf.
Beginning Monday, May 10, and continuing until Monday, June 21, you can purchase the GAP Initial Evaluation Program for the discounted fee of $125.
The initiation evaluation consists of:
Physical Screening: A series of 11 tests will evaluate your flexibility, strength, balance and posture. Results will help determine which areas will be targeted in your individualized exercise program.
Video Analysis of Your Golf Swing: Using computer technology and video data, the instructors will pinpoint any biomechanical flaws in your swing that may lead to injury or prevent optimal performance.
Result of Findings: The instructors will review the results of the physical screen and video analysis with you to begin designing your workouts.
Golf-Specific Exercise Instruction: The instructors will design and teach you the golf-specific exercise program you need to reach your fullest potential.
The GAP program helps all golfers at any proficiency level—men, women and children beginning at age 8—learn a more efficient golf swing and decrease their chance of injury. Those with physical limitations, such as from shoulder injuries or arthritis, can benefit from learning proper exercises and techniques.
The OSF Saint Anthony GAP instructors are certified athletic trainers, physical therapists and certified strength and conditioning specialists who are certified by the Titleist Performance Institute, recognized as the world’s premier player development system.
Until June 21, all additional GAP workout packages will be offered at a 10-percent discount as well. Sessions are held at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call the OSF Center for Health at (815) 395-4505.
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue