- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: How Obama has ‘changed’ America
How Obama has ‘changed’ America
Barack Hussein Obama promised America a “transformational” presidency, and he has certainly delivered on that promise. He has transformed the sleeping giant of American patriots into the Tea Party, opposed to his regime of wealth transfer, corporate takeover, appointment of leftists and apologies for this nation’s leadership role in world affairs. We used to be asleep. We felt powerless at the onslaught of political correctness that grips our broadcast news and academia.
We watched elections stolen from rightful winners in Washington State (2004—Gov. Christine Gregoire) and in Minnesota (2009—Al Franken, U.S. Senator). We watched the hard-won 1996 welfare reforms rolled back by the Democrat Congress in the February 2009 stimulus package. States are once more rewarded for increasing their welfare caseload.
We watched the ban of federal funds to ACORN rescinded after the District Court for the Eastern District of New York declared it unconstitutional. (Surprise!) We learned in late April that the president and HHS Secretary Sibelius had been provided a report (a week before the vote on ObamaCare) that medical costs will skyrocket due to the legislation, that 14 million will lose their employer-based coverage, and millions more dumped into the already-overwhelmed Medicaid system—ALL things that President Obama and Democratic leaders assured us would not happen. Ahhh, true government OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE!
If you’ve had enough, join the party—the Tea Party—and tune in to right-wing talk radio. The next meeting of the Northern IL Tea Party will be Thursday, May 13, at 6:30 p.m. at 302 W. Main St., Rockton, Ill. All are welcome.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue