- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
To the Editor: How Obama has ‘changed’ America
How Obama has ‘changed’ America
Barack Hussein Obama promised America a “transformational” presidency, and he has certainly delivered on that promise. He has transformed the sleeping giant of American patriots into the Tea Party, opposed to his regime of wealth transfer, corporate takeover, appointment of leftists and apologies for this nation’s leadership role in world affairs. We used to be asleep. We felt powerless at the onslaught of political correctness that grips our broadcast news and academia.
We watched elections stolen from rightful winners in Washington State (2004—Gov. Christine Gregoire) and in Minnesota (2009—Al Franken, U.S. Senator). We watched the hard-won 1996 welfare reforms rolled back by the Democrat Congress in the February 2009 stimulus package. States are once more rewarded for increasing their welfare caseload.
We watched the ban of federal funds to ACORN rescinded after the District Court for the Eastern District of New York declared it unconstitutional. (Surprise!) We learned in late April that the president and HHS Secretary Sibelius had been provided a report (a week before the vote on ObamaCare) that medical costs will skyrocket due to the legislation, that 14 million will lose their employer-based coverage, and millions more dumped into the already-overwhelmed Medicaid system—ALL things that President Obama and Democratic leaders assured us would not happen. Ahhh, true government OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE!
If you’ve had enough, join the party—the Tea Party—and tune in to right-wing talk radio. The next meeting of the Northern IL Tea Party will be Thursday, May 13, at 6:30 p.m. at 302 W. Main St., Rockton, Ill. All are welcome.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the May 12-18, 2010 issue