- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Benefit for Rodney Hoover May 23 at B.J.’s Place
A benefit for “Hot Rod” Rodney Hoover, 30, of Rockford, will begin at 1 p.m., Sunday, May 23, at B.J.’s Place, 2842 11th St.
Hoover, the son of Rick and Patty, was recently diagnosed with cancer. Funds raised at the benefit will go toward his medical expenses.
The benefit will include food, raffles, three door prizes and a 50/50 raffle. A $5 donation will be taken at the door.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue