- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
Benefit for Rodney Hoover May 23 at B.J.’s Place
A benefit for “Hot Rod” Rodney Hoover, 30, of Rockford, will begin at 1 p.m., Sunday, May 23, at B.J.’s Place, 2842 11th St.
Hoover, the son of Rick and Patty, was recently diagnosed with cancer. Funds raised at the benefit will go toward his medical expenses.
The benefit will include food, raffles, three door prizes and a 50/50 raffle. A $5 donation will be taken at the door.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue