- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Georgia Pampel, former TRRT music reviewer, dies
Contributed by Martha Pampel
Georgia Pampel (1933-2010), former music reviewer for The Rock River Times, died last week at age 77. A distinguished lady of much charm, she used her considerable knowledge of classical music to write detailed reviews of concerts and symphonies she attended. Calling on her extensive background in musical interpretation, she entertained and educated the readers for several years.
Visitation will be Monday, May 24, from 3 to 7 p.m., followed by a memorial service at 7 p.m. at the Anderson-Long-Klontz Funeral Home, 6825 Weaver Road, Rockford, IL 61114, (815) 654-2255..
Interment will take place at 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 25, at Greenwood Cemetery, 1011 Auburn St., Rockford. Ms. Pampel is survived by her daughter, Martha.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103-6881, or to the American Liver Foundation, 75 Maiden Lane, Suite 603, New York, NY 10038.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue