- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Georgia Pampel, former TRRT music reviewer, dies
Contributed by Martha Pampel
Georgia Pampel (1933-2010), former music reviewer for The Rock River Times, died last week at age 77. A distinguished lady of much charm, she used her considerable knowledge of classical music to write detailed reviews of concerts and symphonies she attended. Calling on her extensive background in musical interpretation, she entertained and educated the readers for several years.
Visitation will be Monday, May 24, from 3 to 7 p.m., followed by a memorial service at 7 p.m. at the Anderson-Long-Klontz Funeral Home, 6825 Weaver Road, Rockford, IL 61114, (815) 654-2255..
Interment will take place at 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 25, at Greenwood Cemetery, 1011 Auburn St., Rockford. Ms. Pampel is survived by her daughter, Martha.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103-6881, or to the American Liver Foundation, 75 Maiden Lane, Suite 603, New York, NY 10038.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue