- State Roundup: Union memo: Management threatens unsafe working conditions
- Performance review: Remote Treasurer employees pose problems
- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
Georgia Pampel, former TRRT music reviewer, dies
Contributed by Martha Pampel
Georgia Pampel (1933-2010), former music reviewer for The Rock River Times, died last week at age 77. A distinguished lady of much charm, she used her considerable knowledge of classical music to write detailed reviews of concerts and symphonies she attended. Calling on her extensive background in musical interpretation, she entertained and educated the readers for several years.
Visitation will be Monday, May 24, from 3 to 7 p.m., followed by a memorial service at 7 p.m. at the Anderson-Long-Klontz Funeral Home, 6825 Weaver Road, Rockford, IL 61114, (815) 654-2255..
Interment will take place at 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 25, at Greenwood Cemetery, 1011 Auburn St., Rockford. Ms. Pampel is survived by her daughter, Martha.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103-6881, or to the American Liver Foundation, 75 Maiden Lane, Suite 603, New York, NY 10038.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue