- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
Georgia Pampel, former TRRT music reviewer, dies
Contributed by Martha Pampel
Georgia Pampel (1933-2010), former music reviewer for The Rock River Times, died last week at age 77. A distinguished lady of much charm, she used her considerable knowledge of classical music to write detailed reviews of concerts and symphonies she attended. Calling on her extensive background in musical interpretation, she entertained and educated the readers for several years.
Visitation will be Monday, May 24, from 3 to 7 p.m., followed by a memorial service at 7 p.m. at the Anderson-Long-Klontz Funeral Home, 6825 Weaver Road, Rockford, IL 61114, (815) 654-2255..
Interment will take place at 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 25, at Greenwood Cemetery, 1011 Auburn St., Rockford. Ms. Pampel is survived by her daughter, Martha.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103-6881, or to the American Liver Foundation, 75 Maiden Lane, Suite 603, New York, NY 10038.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue