- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Georgia Pampel, former TRRT music reviewer, dies
Contributed by Martha Pampel
Georgia Pampel (1933-2010), former music reviewer for The Rock River Times, died last week at age 77. A distinguished lady of much charm, she used her considerable knowledge of classical music to write detailed reviews of concerts and symphonies she attended. Calling on her extensive background in musical interpretation, she entertained and educated the readers for several years.
Visitation will be Monday, May 24, from 3 to 7 p.m., followed by a memorial service at 7 p.m. at the Anderson-Long-Klontz Funeral Home, 6825 Weaver Road, Rockford, IL 61114, (815) 654-2255..
Interment will take place at 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 25, at Greenwood Cemetery, 1011 Auburn St., Rockford. Ms. Pampel is survived by her daughter, Martha.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103-6881, or to the American Liver Foundation, 75 Maiden Lane, Suite 603, New York, NY 10038.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue