- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Local groups perform at Disney theme park
From press release
Students from the following groups recently became stars of their own Disney show as part of the Disney Performing Arts Program:
→ Hononegah High School “Limited Edition” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
→ Hononegh High School “Singsation” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
Disney groups, choirs, ensembles and marching bands from around the world apply to perform each year as part of Disney Performing Arts at both the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World resorts. Once selected, they are given the opportunity to perform for an international audience. Info: www.DisneyPerformingArts.com or (800) 603-0552.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue