- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Local groups perform at Disney theme park
From press release
Students from the following groups recently became stars of their own Disney show as part of the Disney Performing Arts Program:
→ Hononegah High School “Limited Edition” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
→ Hononegh High School “Singsation” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
Disney groups, choirs, ensembles and marching bands from around the world apply to perform each year as part of Disney Performing Arts at both the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World resorts. Once selected, they are given the opportunity to perform for an international audience. Info: www.DisneyPerformingArts.com or (800) 603-0552.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue