- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Local groups perform at Disney theme park
From press release
Students from the following groups recently became stars of their own Disney show as part of the Disney Performing Arts Program:
→ Hononegah High School “Limited Edition” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
→ Hononegh High School “Singsation” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
Disney groups, choirs, ensembles and marching bands from around the world apply to perform each year as part of Disney Performing Arts at both the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World resorts. Once selected, they are given the opportunity to perform for an international audience. Info: www.DisneyPerformingArts.com or (800) 603-0552.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue