- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Local groups perform at Disney theme park
From press release
Students from the following groups recently became stars of their own Disney show as part of the Disney Performing Arts Program:
→ Hononegah High School “Limited Edition” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
→ Hononegh High School “Singsation” Jazz Choir, which traveled from Rockton to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and performed April 23 at Waterside Stage.
Disney groups, choirs, ensembles and marching bands from around the world apply to perform each year as part of Disney Performing Arts at both the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World resorts. Once selected, they are given the opportunity to perform for an international audience. Info: www.DisneyPerformingArts.com or (800) 603-0552.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue