- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
New restaurant open at Anderson Japanese Gardens
By Jim Hagerty
Anderson Japanese Gardens announced the opening of its new restaurant, Seasons in the Garden, last week.
The new eatery, which replaces The Restaurant at Anderson Gardens, serves an array of Asian fusion cuisine. It also features inside dining and outside decks nestled in one of the Midwest’s most popular attractions. Each table is graced with year-round views of the garden.
From May 1 to Oct. 31, Seasons in the Garden is open seven days a week. The restaurant is open 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. From Nov. 1 to April 1, hours are 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Tuesday-Friday ; 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday; and 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Sunday.
Sunday, Seasons in the Garden features a traditional brunch instead of its regular menu.
Anderson Japanese Gardens is set on 14 acres at 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford. It was established in 1978 by John R. Anderson and landscape architect Hoichi Kurisu, who also designed Portland Japanese Garden in Oregon. It features scores of Japanese trees and vegetation, ponds with several species of fish and water fowl. In 2004, the Journal of Japanese Gardening named Anderson Japanese Gardens the finest Japanese garden in North America.
The gardens also offers a gift shop and variety of yoga, tai chi and painting classes.
More information about Seasons in Gardens can be obtained by calling (815) 316-2256 or visiting the Anderson Japanese Garden Web site, andersongardens.org.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue