- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Pec Playhouse hosts Children’s Theatre Camps
From press release
PECATONICA, Ill.—Calling all young actors! Ever wonder what it’s like to be on stage? This June and August, you’ll get the chance to find out! The Pec Playhouse Theatre will again host its summer Theatre Camps for children in grades 1-8.
Whether you’re setting foot in the theater for the first time or looking to hone your acting skills, this camp is for you. Camp runs Monday-Friday, with grades 1-4 in the morning and grades 5-8 in the afternoon. Session I will be June 7-11. Deadline to register is June 1.
Session II, with a July 27 registration deadline, will be held Aug. 2-6.
Both camps will be directed by Stephen Ramberg, veteran teen actor who was last seen as Albert Soady Jr. in Pec’s 2009 fall production, Escanaba in Love. Stephen has been involved with Pec Playhouse for many years, and is eager to share his love of theater with the next generation of youth.
Camp is $50 per session or $95 for both sessions, and includes one T-shirt and Friday evening camp performance. Camp registration forms can be picked up at the Pec Playhouse Theatre, the Pecatonica Public Library, or downloaded at www.pecplayhouse.org. Camp is limited to 25 participants.
For more information, call the box office at (815) 239-1210 or visit www.pecplayhouse.org.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue