- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Pec Playhouse hosts Children’s Theatre Camps
From press release
PECATONICA, Ill.—Calling all young actors! Ever wonder what it’s like to be on stage? This June and August, you’ll get the chance to find out! The Pec Playhouse Theatre will again host its summer Theatre Camps for children in grades 1-8.
Whether you’re setting foot in the theater for the first time or looking to hone your acting skills, this camp is for you. Camp runs Monday-Friday, with grades 1-4 in the morning and grades 5-8 in the afternoon. Session I will be June 7-11. Deadline to register is June 1.
Session II, with a July 27 registration deadline, will be held Aug. 2-6.
Both camps will be directed by Stephen Ramberg, veteran teen actor who was last seen as Albert Soady Jr. in Pec’s 2009 fall production, Escanaba in Love. Stephen has been involved with Pec Playhouse for many years, and is eager to share his love of theater with the next generation of youth.
Camp is $50 per session or $95 for both sessions, and includes one T-shirt and Friday evening camp performance. Camp registration forms can be picked up at the Pec Playhouse Theatre, the Pecatonica Public Library, or downloaded at www.pecplayhouse.org. Camp is limited to 25 participants.
For more information, call the box office at (815) 239-1210 or visit www.pecplayhouse.org.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue