- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
RiverHawks begin season May 20
By Doug Halberstadt
Professional baseball returns to Road Ranger Stadium for the 2010 season tomorrow (Thursday, May 20) evening. The Rockford RiverHawks open their season at home with a four-game series against the Schaumburg Flyers.
Thursday and Friday night’s games are scheduled for 7:05 p.m. First pitch Saturday night is 6:05 p.m., and the Sunday afternoon game begins at 4:05 p.m.
The opening weekend’s games are all special promotional nights. Opening Night is Fireworks/Northern League Inaugural Season T-Shirts/Dollar Beer Night. Friday night is Batting Helmet Night/Friday Fish Fry Night. The first 1,000 fans at the game Saturday night get a free magnet schedule. Free photo frames will be given away to the first 1,000 fans at Sunday’s game.
The RiverHawks were a perfect 4-0 in their exhibition season. They swept the Gary RailCats in a three-game series. The RiverHawks outscored the RailCats 29-6 in those three games. They also beat the Flyers in Schaumburg 7-6 May 10.
Tickets for the 2010 season range in price from $5 grandstand seats to $15 premium box seats. They also have a special Diamond Deck deal, which includes all-you-can-eat hot dogs, burgers, brats and more. It also includes sides such as chips, peanuts, popcorn and more. All-you-can-drink soft drinks and Miller Lite products are also included in the special price. The Diamond Deck price is $23 Monday-Thursday and $25 on the weekends.
Season tickets are also available for all 50 home games. They start at $456 and go up to $648. There are 20 game and 10-game mini plans for the fan unable to commit to all 50 home games.
For more information about the 2010 RiverHawks, you can call Road Ranger Stadium at (815) 885-2255.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue