- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
RiverHawks begin season May 20
By Doug Halberstadt
Professional baseball returns to Road Ranger Stadium for the 2010 season tomorrow (Thursday, May 20) evening. The Rockford RiverHawks open their season at home with a four-game series against the Schaumburg Flyers.
Thursday and Friday night’s games are scheduled for 7:05 p.m. First pitch Saturday night is 6:05 p.m., and the Sunday afternoon game begins at 4:05 p.m.
The opening weekend’s games are all special promotional nights. Opening Night is Fireworks/Northern League Inaugural Season T-Shirts/Dollar Beer Night. Friday night is Batting Helmet Night/Friday Fish Fry Night. The first 1,000 fans at the game Saturday night get a free magnet schedule. Free photo frames will be given away to the first 1,000 fans at Sunday’s game.
The RiverHawks were a perfect 4-0 in their exhibition season. They swept the Gary RailCats in a three-game series. The RiverHawks outscored the RailCats 29-6 in those three games. They also beat the Flyers in Schaumburg 7-6 May 10.
Tickets for the 2010 season range in price from $5 grandstand seats to $15 premium box seats. They also have a special Diamond Deck deal, which includes all-you-can-eat hot dogs, burgers, brats and more. It also includes sides such as chips, peanuts, popcorn and more. All-you-can-drink soft drinks and Miller Lite products are also included in the special price. The Diamond Deck price is $23 Monday-Thursday and $25 on the weekends.
Season tickets are also available for all 50 home games. They start at $456 and go up to $648. There are 20 game and 10-game mini plans for the fan unable to commit to all 50 home games.
For more information about the 2010 RiverHawks, you can call Road Ranger Stadium at (815) 885-2255.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue