- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rock Valley College to host groundbreaking ceremony
From press release
The public is invited to a ceremony marking the groundbreaking for the Karl J. Jacobs Center for Science and Math on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., Thursday, May 20, near the construction site of the new facility. A reception will follow in the AMCORE Bank Commons in the Educational Resource Center.
The naming of the building was announced earlier this year. Dr. Jacobs served as president of Rock Valley College from 1969-1997. During his tenure, multiple academic programs and building projects were formed to serve the region. Highly respected by local leaders, Dr. Jacobs sought to meet community needs through academic and career programs at Rock Valley College.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue