- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rock Valley College to host groundbreaking ceremony
From press release
The public is invited to a ceremony marking the groundbreaking for the Karl J. Jacobs Center for Science and Math on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., Thursday, May 20, near the construction site of the new facility. A reception will follow in the AMCORE Bank Commons in the Educational Resource Center.
The naming of the building was announced earlier this year. Dr. Jacobs served as president of Rock Valley College from 1969-1997. During his tenure, multiple academic programs and building projects were formed to serve the region. Highly respected by local leaders, Dr. Jacobs sought to meet community needs through academic and career programs at Rock Valley College.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue