- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
Rock Valley College to host groundbreaking ceremony
From press release
The public is invited to a ceremony marking the groundbreaking for the Karl J. Jacobs Center for Science and Math on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., Thursday, May 20, near the construction site of the new facility. A reception will follow in the AMCORE Bank Commons in the Educational Resource Center.
The naming of the building was announced earlier this year. Dr. Jacobs served as president of Rock Valley College from 1969-1997. During his tenure, multiple academic programs and building projects were formed to serve the region. Highly respected by local leaders, Dr. Jacobs sought to meet community needs through academic and career programs at Rock Valley College.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue