- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rock Valley College to host groundbreaking ceremony
From press release
The public is invited to a ceremony marking the groundbreaking for the Karl J. Jacobs Center for Science and Math on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., Thursday, May 20, near the construction site of the new facility. A reception will follow in the AMCORE Bank Commons in the Educational Resource Center.
The naming of the building was announced earlier this year. Dr. Jacobs served as president of Rock Valley College from 1969-1997. During his tenure, multiple academic programs and building projects were formed to serve the region. Highly respected by local leaders, Dr. Jacobs sought to meet community needs through academic and career programs at Rock Valley College.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue