- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Rock Valley College to host groundbreaking ceremony
From press release
The public is invited to a ceremony marking the groundbreaking for the Karl J. Jacobs Center for Science and Math on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m., Thursday, May 20, near the construction site of the new facility. A reception will follow in the AMCORE Bank Commons in the Educational Resource Center.
The naming of the building was announced earlier this year. Dr. Jacobs served as president of Rock Valley College from 1969-1997. During his tenure, multiple academic programs and building projects were formed to serve the region. Highly respected by local leaders, Dr. Jacobs sought to meet community needs through academic and career programs at Rock Valley College.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue