- The Rock River Times - http://rockrivertimes.com -
This week in the Times: Stephanie Ingram
Posted By Staff On May 19, 2010 @ 9:50 am In This week in the times | 1 Comment
Vitals: Stephanie Ingram, 26, works part time in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Ingram has spent the majority of her life in Rockford, despite living in Virginia for three years. She is an avid traveler who has journeyed to Europe more than once, and intends on seeing the world before she is finished with her travels.
1. How frequently do you take advantage of the parks and natural areas around the Rock River Valley? I like to stay active and frequent the parks whenever I can make the time. Lately, I have been enjoying roller-blading. Even though most people think it’s a blast from the past, it’s a great workout. I have big plans this summer. I intend to hike some new trails, swim, run at least a 5k, golf, and hopefully find a new friend that owns a boat.
2. What is your favorite warm-weather activity? I don’t know if I have just one. How about watching a movie on the rooftop outdoor theater?
3. Do you feel that a switch to year-round schooling would help or hurt a child’s educational success? I know that it has its benefits in other cultures and areas of the country. I suppose it depends on your bottom line. If a child knows nothing more than to go to school year-round, you may be supporting a work ethic that is obviously more constant. I think it would be harder to make the change after kids are used to having a long break. They will feel that sense of loss. I imagine there would be an adjustment period. You can look at it from a lot of different angles. How much does the success of a child depend on the teacher? Overall, are teachers already in the field going to maintain longevity and remain passionate about their roles if they have a smaller amount of time to get away? I imagine it would change the face of some of the people choosing this profession. Nonetheless, it is creating a different standard. Finally, I think regardless of all year-round schooling or not, we need to realize the responsibility that we have, and the importance of creating an interest to learn. Education should be a constant in everyday life and not just in the classrooms. That will make for the most success.
4. Do you support the “barking dog” ordinance that was unanimously approved by Winnebago County Board members, which carries fines ranging from $50 to $500 per day? Dogs will be dogs, although most of us have the opportunity for growth when it comes to being more considerate and aware of our neighbors and each other. I like the reality shows where people swap out their lives and have the chance to do life in another person’s shoes for some time. There are a lot of directions that we could focus our attention on to improve our city. I’m not sure if that is the next best step.
5. Question from last week’s “This week in The Times” participant, Andy Garrison: If you had three wishes, what would they be? Be careful what you wish for is my first thought. You just might get it. First, I wish that we, as people, would be more acutely aware and in tune with our bodies, minds and spirits. Some days, I wish I knew exactly what people needed so I could help them perfectly, and I think it would be fun if animals could audibly speak, like all of a sudden in 2012.
“This week in The Times” is a weekly survey of people selected by The Rock River Times staff. The column does not accept unsolicited submissions.
From the May 19-25, 2010 issue
Article printed from The Rock River Times: http://rockrivertimes.com
URL to article: http://rockrivertimes.com/2010/05/19/this-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://delicious.com/post?url=http%3A%2F%2Frockrivertimes.com%2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fthis-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram%2F&title=This+week+in+the+Times%3A+Stephanie+Ingram
 Image: http://digg.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Frockrivertimes.com%2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fthis-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram%2F&title=This+week+in+the+Times%3A+Stephanie+Ingram&bodytext=%0D%0A%0D%0A%5Bcaption+id%3D%22attachment_24632%22+align%3D%22alignright%22+width%3D%22366%22+caption%3D%22Stephanie+Ingram%22%5D%5B%2Fcaption%5D%0D%0A%0D%0AVitals%3A+Stephanie+Ingram%2C+26%2C+works+part+time+in+the+restaurant+and+hospitality+industry.+Ingram+has+spent+the+majority+of+her+life+in+Rockford%2C+despite+living+in+Virginia+for+three+years.+She+is+an+avid+traveler+
 Image: http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Frockrivertimes.com%2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fthis-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram%2F&t=This+week+in+the+Times%3A+Stephanie+Ingram
 Image: http://www.reddit.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Frockrivertimes.com%2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fthis-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram%2F&title=This+week+in+the+Times%3A+Stephanie+Ingram
 Image: http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Frockrivertimes.com%2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fthis-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram%2F&title=This+week+in+the+Times%3A+Stephanie+Ingram
 Image: http://twitter.com/home/?status=http%3A%2F%2Frockrivertimes.com%2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fthis-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram%2F
 Image: http://rockrivertimes.com/2010/05/19/this-week-in-the-times-stephanie-ingram/feed
Copyright © 2009 The Rock River Times. All rights reserved.