- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Discovery Center wins campaign, new logo and branding
By Jim Hagerty
Discovery Center Museum has been named the winner of Nadi Creative Branding Group’s Design-for-Community contest. The organization was awarded $50,000 design and branding services for 2010.
With the award, the Discovery Center will overhaul its branding to complement current expansion plans.
“Once we started working with them, we decided it was time to re-brand them with a new brand strategy and brand identity to coincide with their expansion grand opening,” Aaron Hotlen, president of Nadi Creative Branding Group said.
Hotlen said Discovery Center’s branding package will include a new Web site, brochures and signage. A new logo will be unveiled to coincide with the museum’s expansion grand opening next month.
“Discovery Center has an amazing year ahead of it in terms of its campus expansion and new joint programming with Burpee Museum,” Hotlen added. “Nadi is excited to offer them this opportunity to properly re-think and ultimately launch its new brand image to the region.”
Each year, the Design-for-Community contest is open to all nonprofit organizations, which submit ideas for an ideal advertising campaign and how it would impact the community. The award is given to one nonprofit each year.
The Discovery Center features more than 250 hands-on children’s science exhibits at its 711 N. Main St. campus. Other attractions include the Rock River Discovery Park, a multi-level science park behind the museum. Discovery Center also hosts traveling exhibits and special events and cracked the National Geographic Society’s Top Ten Children’s Museums list in 2009.
From the May 26-June 1, 2010 issue