- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Discovery Center wins campaign, new logo and branding
By Jim Hagerty
Discovery Center Museum has been named the winner of Nadi Creative Branding Group’s Design-for-Community contest. The organization was awarded $50,000 design and branding services for 2010.
With the award, the Discovery Center will overhaul its branding to complement current expansion plans.
“Once we started working with them, we decided it was time to re-brand them with a new brand strategy and brand identity to coincide with their expansion grand opening,” Aaron Hotlen, president of Nadi Creative Branding Group said.
Hotlen said Discovery Center’s branding package will include a new Web site, brochures and signage. A new logo will be unveiled to coincide with the museum’s expansion grand opening next month.
“Discovery Center has an amazing year ahead of it in terms of its campus expansion and new joint programming with Burpee Museum,” Hotlen added. “Nadi is excited to offer them this opportunity to properly re-think and ultimately launch its new brand image to the region.”
Each year, the Design-for-Community contest is open to all nonprofit organizations, which submit ideas for an ideal advertising campaign and how it would impact the community. The award is given to one nonprofit each year.
The Discovery Center features more than 250 hands-on children’s science exhibits at its 711 N. Main St. campus. Other attractions include the Rock River Discovery Park, a multi-level science park behind the museum. Discovery Center also hosts traveling exhibits and special events and cracked the National Geographic Society’s Top Ten Children’s Museums list in 2009.
From the May 26-June 1, 2010 issue