- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Illini Dairy Classic Golf Outing deadline approaching
From press release
URBANA, Ill.—The Seventh Annual Illini Dairy Classic Golf Outing will take place at noon, Friday, June 11, at the University of Illinois Orange Course in Savoy.
The Illini Dairy Classic Golf Outing supports the Illini Dairy Judging Team program and is open to judging team alumni, Illini Dairy Club members and dairy industry friends. The cost is $80 per person or $300 for a team of four. Pre-registration is required and due by June 1.
Gene McCoy, U of I Dairy Judging Team coach, said, “The success of our golf outing has allowed us to raise more than $50,000 in the past six years for scholarships, Dairy Judging Team expenses and Dairy Challenge Team expenses. This year, we will be awarding a Doug Geppert Memorial Scholarship.”
In addition, members of the 1960, 1985 and 2000 Dairy Judging Teams will be honored.
Registration will take place at 11 a.m., and a sack lunch will be provided. A shotgun start will take place at noon. Following the golf outing, the Illini Dairy Classic BBQ will begin at 4 p.m. in the golf course pavilion. Everyone is invited to attend the BBQ. The cost to attend the BBQ only is $20.
During the BBQ, attendees are encouraged to participate in a live benefit auction featuring Cubs/Cardinals tickets, Illini football and basketball tickets, autographed Illini sports memorabilia, an autographed Larry Kanfer Barns of Illinois book, and more.
If you can’t attend but are interested in supporting the Illini Dairy Judging Team by becoming a hole sponsor, contact HiDee Ekstrom at (217) 333-4397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of rain, there will be no refunds. However, the BBQ and live auction will start at 2 p.m.
From the May 26-June 1, 2010 issue