- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
OSF Saint Anthony ‘Golden Motion’ fitness program helps flexibility, strength
From press release
The OSF Saint Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness offers “Golden Motion,” a conditioning fitness program for people ages 55 or older, twice a week at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
Golden Motion classes are held from 2 to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The next session begins Tuesday, June 1.
The first part of the class offers individual gym time, and the second part is an instructor-led class. The conditioning program includes strength and resistance training, balance, flexibility and core work.
Fees are $54 for 12 classes for OSF Health Fitness members (only $4.50 per hour) and $67 for non-members (approximately $5.60 per class).
Participants are welcome to try the first class for no charge.
Golden Motion classes are designed to increase endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. Classes are led by an exercise physiologist to ensure safety and effectiveness for participants.
For information and registration, call the OSF Center for Health Fitness at (815) 395-4591.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the May 26-June 1, 2010 issue