- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
OSF Saint Anthony ‘Golden Motion’ fitness program helps flexibility, strength
From press release
The OSF Saint Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness offers “Golden Motion,” a conditioning fitness program for people ages 55 or older, twice a week at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
Golden Motion classes are held from 2 to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The next session begins Tuesday, June 1.
The first part of the class offers individual gym time, and the second part is an instructor-led class. The conditioning program includes strength and resistance training, balance, flexibility and core work.
Fees are $54 for 12 classes for OSF Health Fitness members (only $4.50 per hour) and $67 for non-members (approximately $5.60 per class).
Participants are welcome to try the first class for no charge.
Golden Motion classes are designed to increase endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. Classes are led by an exercise physiologist to ensure safety and effectiveness for participants.
For information and registration, call the OSF Center for Health Fitness at (815) 395-4591.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the May 26-June 1, 2010 issue