- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
OSF Saint Anthony ‘Golden Motion’ fitness program helps flexibility, strength
From press release
The OSF Saint Anthony Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness offers “Golden Motion,” a conditioning fitness program for people ages 55 or older, twice a week at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
Golden Motion classes are held from 2 to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The next session begins Tuesday, June 1.
The first part of the class offers individual gym time, and the second part is an instructor-led class. The conditioning program includes strength and resistance training, balance, flexibility and core work.
Fees are $54 for 12 classes for OSF Health Fitness members (only $4.50 per hour) and $67 for non-members (approximately $5.60 per class).
Participants are welcome to try the first class for no charge.
Golden Motion classes are designed to increase endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. Classes are led by an exercise physiologist to ensure safety and effectiveness for participants.
For information and registration, call the OSF Center for Health Fitness at (815) 395-4591.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. Its Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the May 26-June 1, 2010 issue