- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Community news and notes: Week of June 2-8, 2010
Phil Elsbree, director of sports sales with the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB), earned the certified sports events executive (CSEE) designation conferred by the National Association of Sports Commissioners (NASC). The CSEE recognizes NASC members who achieved five years of experience in the sports events industry and have earned eight continuing education credits. Elsbree is one of just 85 graduates of the program nationwide. The RACVB is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the region as an overnight visitor destination. … Susan Black and Ellen Bonner, instructors at the Saint Anthony College of Nursing, were promoted to assistant professors effective for the fall semester in August. Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a Catholic college, is regionally and professionally accredited. … Paul Nissen joined the sales team of Zenith Cutter Co. as sales engineer. He will be responsible for the sales and service of customers within the Midwestern U.S. Zenith Cutter makes industrial knives, blades and accessories for a range of markets, including corrugated products, converting, plastics, recycling, tree care, roofing and wood products. It maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities in Vietnam and in Loves Park.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue