- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Community news and notes: Week of June 2-8, 2010
Phil Elsbree, director of sports sales with the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB), earned the certified sports events executive (CSEE) designation conferred by the National Association of Sports Commissioners (NASC). The CSEE recognizes NASC members who achieved five years of experience in the sports events industry and have earned eight continuing education credits. Elsbree is one of just 85 graduates of the program nationwide. The RACVB is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the region as an overnight visitor destination. … Susan Black and Ellen Bonner, instructors at the Saint Anthony College of Nursing, were promoted to assistant professors effective for the fall semester in August. Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a Catholic college, is regionally and professionally accredited. … Paul Nissen joined the sales team of Zenith Cutter Co. as sales engineer. He will be responsible for the sales and service of customers within the Midwestern U.S. Zenith Cutter makes industrial knives, blades and accessories for a range of markets, including corrugated products, converting, plastics, recycling, tree care, roofing and wood products. It maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities in Vietnam and in Loves Park.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue