- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Community news and notes: Week of June 2-8, 2010
Phil Elsbree, director of sports sales with the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB), earned the certified sports events executive (CSEE) designation conferred by the National Association of Sports Commissioners (NASC). The CSEE recognizes NASC members who achieved five years of experience in the sports events industry and have earned eight continuing education credits. Elsbree is one of just 85 graduates of the program nationwide. The RACVB is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the region as an overnight visitor destination. … Susan Black and Ellen Bonner, instructors at the Saint Anthony College of Nursing, were promoted to assistant professors effective for the fall semester in August. Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a Catholic college, is regionally and professionally accredited. … Paul Nissen joined the sales team of Zenith Cutter Co. as sales engineer. He will be responsible for the sales and service of customers within the Midwestern U.S. Zenith Cutter makes industrial knives, blades and accessories for a range of markets, including corrugated products, converting, plastics, recycling, tree care, roofing and wood products. It maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities in Vietnam and in Loves Park.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue