- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Community news and notes: Week of June 2-8, 2010
Phil Elsbree, director of sports sales with the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB), earned the certified sports events executive (CSEE) designation conferred by the National Association of Sports Commissioners (NASC). The CSEE recognizes NASC members who achieved five years of experience in the sports events industry and have earned eight continuing education credits. Elsbree is one of just 85 graduates of the program nationwide. The RACVB is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the region as an overnight visitor destination. … Susan Black and Ellen Bonner, instructors at the Saint Anthony College of Nursing, were promoted to assistant professors effective for the fall semester in August. Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a Catholic college, is regionally and professionally accredited. … Paul Nissen joined the sales team of Zenith Cutter Co. as sales engineer. He will be responsible for the sales and service of customers within the Midwestern U.S. Zenith Cutter makes industrial knives, blades and accessories for a range of markets, including corrugated products, converting, plastics, recycling, tree care, roofing and wood products. It maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities in Vietnam and in Loves Park.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue