- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Olympic gold medal volleyball team in Hoffman Estates June 25-26
By Doug Halberstadt
The U.S. Men’s National Team—the reigning Olympic gold medalist—will bring its exciting brand of volleyball to our area later this month. The team will be in Hoffman Estates for the FIVB World League competition.
This elite collection of gold-medal athletes will face Finland in a pair of matches Friday, June 25, and Saturday, June 26. Game time both nights is 7 p.m.
Ticket prices: Adult Reserved Admission is $25; Adult General Admission is $18; Groups Reserved is $15; USAV/Senior/Military Reserved is $20; and USAV/Senior/Military General Admission is $15.
All ticket prices go up $3 the day of the event.
A special “Family Four Pack” is also offered for $80. The package includes: four seats, four hot dogs, four sodas and four fries. This offer is only good through 10 p.m., June 15. Fans wishing to take advantage of the Family Four Pack must order online at the Sears Center Web site and use the password “FAMILY.”
The USA Men’s National Team continued its recent winning streak in the Men’s Pan American Volleyball Cup by claiming a third consecutive title and fourth overall following a 3-0 (25-23, 25-21, 30-28) victory over Argentina in the decisive match last Saturday (May 29) in San Juan, Puerto Rico. USA advanced to the gold medal match following a hard-fought 3-0 (26-24, 26-24, 25-18) victory against Brazil Friday night (May, 28).
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue