- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Olympic gold medal volleyball team in Hoffman Estates June 25-26
By Doug Halberstadt
The U.S. Men’s National Team—the reigning Olympic gold medalist—will bring its exciting brand of volleyball to our area later this month. The team will be in Hoffman Estates for the FIVB World League competition.
This elite collection of gold-medal athletes will face Finland in a pair of matches Friday, June 25, and Saturday, June 26. Game time both nights is 7 p.m.
Ticket prices: Adult Reserved Admission is $25; Adult General Admission is $18; Groups Reserved is $15; USAV/Senior/Military Reserved is $20; and USAV/Senior/Military General Admission is $15.
All ticket prices go up $3 the day of the event.
A special “Family Four Pack” is also offered for $80. The package includes: four seats, four hot dogs, four sodas and four fries. This offer is only good through 10 p.m., June 15. Fans wishing to take advantage of the Family Four Pack must order online at the Sears Center Web site and use the password “FAMILY.”
The USA Men’s National Team continued its recent winning streak in the Men’s Pan American Volleyball Cup by claiming a third consecutive title and fourth overall following a 3-0 (25-23, 25-21, 30-28) victory over Argentina in the decisive match last Saturday (May 29) in San Juan, Puerto Rico. USA advanced to the gold medal match following a hard-fought 3-0 (26-24, 26-24, 25-18) victory against Brazil Friday night (May, 28).
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue