- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
The search is on for Mrs. Rockford
From press release
Marcie Aceto, the Illinois director for the Mrs. America Pageant system, is announcing that the search is on for the new Mrs. Rockford.
Once selected, the community representative will then advance on to compete in the Mrs. Illinois Pageant to be held July 24 at the Bolingbrook Performing Arts Auditorium. City and county titleholders will compete to win more than $15,000 in prizes, one of which includes an all-expense-paid trip to the national Mrs. America Pageant.
Interested applicants must live or work in the Illinois area, must be married during the time of competition, a resident of the state for at least six months, a U.S. citizen, and be at least 18 years old. There is no age limit or performing talent.
In its 34th year, the Mrs. America Pageant is dedicated to recognizing the one person who contributes so much to modern family life—America’s married woman! While beauty and physical fitness are key elements in the competition, Mrs. Rockford contestants are also urged to voice their opinions on marriage, community and important issues of the day. It is also the only pageant system for married women that advances on to the internationally-televised Mrs. World Pageant.
Interested applicants are invited to find out more about the competition at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or can request and receive free entry information by contacting Marcie at the Mrs. Illinois office at (630) 325-4305.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue