- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
To the Editor: Rethink acceptable risk about oil leak
The oil rig explosion/disaster has many in the Gulf region and across the U.S. re-thinking the concept of acceptable risk. And with 43 acres of leaking refuse proposed to be less than 5 feet above our aquifer, we should do the same.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue