- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Rethink acceptable risk about oil leak
The oil rig explosion/disaster has many in the Gulf region and across the U.S. re-thinking the concept of acceptable risk. And with 43 acres of leaking refuse proposed to be less than 5 feet above our aquifer, we should do the same.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue