- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
To the Editor: Rethink acceptable risk about oil leak
The oil rig explosion/disaster has many in the Gulf region and across the U.S. re-thinking the concept of acceptable risk. And with 43 acres of leaking refuse proposed to be less than 5 feet above our aquifer, we should do the same.
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue