- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Thank you, Rockford-area Divas!
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois would like to thank all the Rockford “Divas” who attended our first Diva Dress Sale Sunday, May 16. The event was a great success with more than 500 attendees and tremendous media and community support.
The event featured beautiful dresses and accessories on sale at Goodwill prices, so every Rockford woman can afford to be a diva! Thank you to the Holiday Inn and the Hoffman House for hosting the event and their support, as well as Educators of Beauty and Spa Contouz for their generous donations.
We wish to thank all the community members who donate their items to our local Goodwill retail stores, as this event would not be possible without the generosity of our community. Funds generated from the Diva Dress Sale and Goodwill stores go toward training and placement services for individuals with barriers to attain meaningful employment.
Thank you, Divas, and see you next year!
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue