- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
To the Editor: Thank you, Rockford-area Divas!
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois would like to thank all the Rockford “Divas” who attended our first Diva Dress Sale Sunday, May 16. The event was a great success with more than 500 attendees and tremendous media and community support.
The event featured beautiful dresses and accessories on sale at Goodwill prices, so every Rockford woman can afford to be a diva! Thank you to the Holiday Inn and the Hoffman House for hosting the event and their support, as well as Educators of Beauty and Spa Contouz for their generous donations.
We wish to thank all the community members who donate their items to our local Goodwill retail stores, as this event would not be possible without the generosity of our community. Funds generated from the Diva Dress Sale and Goodwill stores go toward training and placement services for individuals with barriers to attain meaningful employment.
Thank you, Divas, and see you next year!
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
From the June 2-8, 2010 issue