- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Art on the Lawn June 13 at Rockford College
From press release
Rockford College hosts its 11th annual Art on the Lawn from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, June 13, featuring more than 64 artists from throughout the region.
The juried event gives visitors a chance to view and purchase fine art including oil paintings, acrylics, watercolors, prints, pencil drawings, pastels, glass, metal sculpture, exotic woods, fiber arts, jewelry, photography, ceramics, mixed media, sculpture, digital art, fiber and functional art.
Admission is $3 person; children 12 and younger are admitted free. Food and drink are available for purchase throughout the day, and there is ample free parking. The event will be held rain or shine on the college’s Burpee commons.
For more info, see www.artonthelawn.org.
From the June 9-15, 2010 issue