- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Kitten Shower June 12 at PETCO
From press release
PAWS Humane Society will host a Kitten Shower from noon until 4 p.m., Saturday, June 12, inside PETCO Pet Store, 6305 E. State St., Rockford.
Like any new baby, there is always an ongoing need for stuff to help the baby along. And kittens are no exception. PAWS has 40-plus kittens in its care looking for “forever” homes.
PAWS Humane Society is hosting a Kitten Shower to prepare for the 2010 kitten season, the many nursing mothers, and bottle-fed/ orphaned kittens that will enter the organization’s care in 2010
Attend the PAWS Humane Society Kitten Shower and meet some of the newest arrivals.
Attendees can expect to get some wonderful tips about pet care, while enjoying light refreshments. Like any good shower guest, attendees are asked to bring along a shower gift.
The “registry list” consists of things PAWS is in dire need of: Purina One kitten food; kitten milk replacement formula; kitten baby bottles; and kitty litter.
PAWS will also raffle items/baskets.
Following the Kitten Shower event will be an orientation for animal lovers who are interested in learning more about joining the humane origanization’s Pet Foster Care Program or just volunteering in many of the opportunities available. The orientation will begin at 4:30 p.m.
PAWS Humane Society is a volunteer animal organization dedicated to helping animals in need in the Rockford and Winnebago County area.
Visit pawshs.org or call (815) 299-7297 for more information.
From the June 9-15, 2010 issue