- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Kitten Shower June 12 at PETCO
From press release
PAWS Humane Society will host a Kitten Shower from noon until 4 p.m., Saturday, June 12, inside PETCO Pet Store, 6305 E. State St., Rockford.
Like any new baby, there is always an ongoing need for stuff to help the baby along. And kittens are no exception. PAWS has 40-plus kittens in its care looking for “forever” homes.
PAWS Humane Society is hosting a Kitten Shower to prepare for the 2010 kitten season, the many nursing mothers, and bottle-fed/ orphaned kittens that will enter the organization’s care in 2010
Attend the PAWS Humane Society Kitten Shower and meet some of the newest arrivals.
Attendees can expect to get some wonderful tips about pet care, while enjoying light refreshments. Like any good shower guest, attendees are asked to bring along a shower gift.
The “registry list” consists of things PAWS is in dire need of: Purina One kitten food; kitten milk replacement formula; kitten baby bottles; and kitty litter.
PAWS will also raffle items/baskets.
Following the Kitten Shower event will be an orientation for animal lovers who are interested in learning more about joining the humane origanization’s Pet Foster Care Program or just volunteering in many of the opportunities available. The orientation will begin at 4:30 p.m.
PAWS Humane Society is a volunteer animal organization dedicated to helping animals in need in the Rockford and Winnebago County area.
Visit pawshs.org or call (815) 299-7297 for more information.
From the June 9-15, 2010 issue