- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Peanut Butter Rally for Rock River Valley Pantry
From press release
The Peanut Butter Rally, the Rock River Valley Pantry’s program that helps feed children during the summer, will conclude June 11 with a community collection drive. Gerber Collision & Glass’ two locations will the site of the drop-off locations, and collection will begin at 11 a.m. and end at 1 p.m.
All types of peanut butter and all sizes of jars are welcome, and the need is great!
After donors drop off the peanut butter, they are invited to have a free lunch and enter to win prizes provided by local supporters. Adding to the festivities will be live broadcasts by WZOK and WXXQ.
The need for peanut butter is great as the Rock River Valley Pantry will be attempting to provide peanut butter to every family during the summer months. Currently, more than 2,500 households are utilizing the services of the Rock River Valley Pantry, with more than 6,000 individuals residing in those households. The children of our community make up 40 percent of the client base at the Rock River Valley Pantry.
Locations of the two sites are: 6801 Mill Road, (815) 397-1182; and 7902 Forest Hills Road, (815) 633-1139.
For more information regarding the drive, contact Rock River Valley Pantry at (815) 965-2466.
From the June 9-15, 2010 issue