- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Rockford City Market announces eight additional vendors
From press release
The Rockford City Market has approved eight additional vendors for the inaugural season, bringing the total number of vendors to 16. Additional applications are still undergoing approval. The following merchants will provide coffee, smoothies, artwork, wines, corn, gifts and beauty products:
→ JavaMania Roastery
Espresso, smoothies, coffee
→ Kurt Erickson Photography & Design
→ PRP Wines
Wines by the bottle
→ Twin Garden Farms
→ Very Cute
Headbands, hats, pins and such
→ Burlap Works
Purses, pillows, accessories all made from recycled coffee sacks
→ Wood Fire Brick Oven Pizza
Brick oven pizzas made on-site
Applications for additional vendors will be accepted throughout the market season. Anyone wishing to become a vendor or performer must submit a completed application to the market manager and go through the approval process ensure a variety of goods and performance types at the market. Applications can be found on the market Web site at www.rockfordcitymarket.com or by contacting the market manager at (815) 964-4388 or email@example.com.
All vendor booths are 10-foot-by-10-foot spaces and are rented at the seasonal rate of $500 per booth or $250 for a half-season (10 weeks). For the inaugural 2010 market season, the first booth space is free for the season. The market requires a $100 refundable deposit to ensure consistent attendance. A five-week farmers’ season for local food producers is also available.
Rockford City Market will take place from 3-7 p.m., Fridays, from June 11-Oct. 22 along Water Street in downtown Rockford, between State and Jefferson streets. The market will include local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, eggs, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and performers within a 150-mile radius of the Rockford Region are encouraged to apply.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, On the Waterfront, Inc., Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, River District, the City of Rockford and the Rockford Area Economic Development Council.
From the June 9-15, 2010 issue