- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Vote for a Pepsi Refresh Grant to assist with Park District’s conservatory Green Roof Project
From press release
Pepsi is giving away millions of dollars this year to fund great ideas through the Pepsi Refresh Project, and the Rockford Park District is hoping their project to build a green roof for Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens will be one of the projects selected for funding. The Park District is seeking support and votes from the community to make this happen.
Park District Deputy Director of Capital Planning and Asset Management Laura Pigatti Williamson said: “We submitted our grant to Pepsi, and were excited to hear that our Green Roof Project for the Conservatory was one of the grant projects selected for voting. If we can secure enough votes from supporters, we will receive $50,000 from Pepsi to help fund this project. This is a great opportunity as we step up our efforts to seek grant dollars and alternative sources of revenue for the district.”
Pepsi Refresh Grant info
→ Each month, submissions are accepted from the 1st through the 15th, or until Pepsi receives 1,000 ideas.
→ Grant categories include: Health, Arts & Culture, Food & Shelter, The Planet, Neighborhoods and Education.
→ Each month, up to $1.3 million will be awarded for 32 different ideas submitted; grants range from $5,000 to $250,000.
→ Pepsi is looking for projects that are beneficial, achievable, constructive, and “shovel-ready.”
To vote for the Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens Green Roof Project, visit: http://pep.si/a0IJzH.
A link to the Pepsi voting site is also accessible through the Park District’s Web site at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org. Votes can be cast once a day through June 30.
For more about the Pepsi Refresh Grant, contact Judy Roby at (815) 987-8695.
From the June 9-15, 2010 issue