- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
Choices Natural Health Fair June 19
From press release
Choices Natural Market will host “Choices Natural Health Fair” Saturday, June 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Choices health Fair will feature acupuncturists, naturopathic doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists, reflexologists, hyperbaric oxygen treatment and much more!
This year’s event will feature natural practitioners including: Reiki Energy International, Trish Cocoma with Matrix Energetic Healing Technology, Poplar Grove Natural Health Center, Body Wellness Massage Therapy, Infared Thermal Imaging (thermal mammograms) Anylab Test Now, Rockford Hyperbaric Oxygen, EastWest Therapeutic Massage, Rockford Wellness & Diagnostic, Northern Illinois Medical Group, Step into Wellness, Connections Therapy Center, Hulsebus Chiropractic, Discovering Wellness, Luke Chiropractic & Functional Rehabilitation, My Massage Sanctuary, and Sue Michaelsen Tai Chi & Therapy.
Alternative treatments such as hyperbaric oxygen have been used successfully to treat everything from strokes to autism. Acupuncture and natural hormone therapy has also been used to successfully treat infertility. “I have had customers whose autistic children were unresponsive, and after using hyperbaric oxygen therapy, they are now normal-functioning children. I have also seen customers whose doctors had given up on them, beat their illnesses after using some of the above-listed alternative treatments and practitioners,” said Karen King, co-owner of Choices Natural Market. “There are so many negative side effects from some of the medications that people are seeking alternative treatments. We get calls every day asking us which doctors in the area use natural healing methods. We thought this would be a great way to introduce our customers and the Rockford community to natural medicine. We are hoping to raise awareness and educate people about what options are available”
The fair will be will be held Saturday, June 20 in the parking lot at Choices Natural Market, 6551 E. Riverside Blvd., Rockford, and will run from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
From the June 16-22, 2010 issue