- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
Choices Natural Health Fair June 19
From press release
Choices Natural Market will host “Choices Natural Health Fair” Saturday, June 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Choices health Fair will feature acupuncturists, naturopathic doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists, reflexologists, hyperbaric oxygen treatment and much more!
This year’s event will feature natural practitioners including: Reiki Energy International, Trish Cocoma with Matrix Energetic Healing Technology, Poplar Grove Natural Health Center, Body Wellness Massage Therapy, Infared Thermal Imaging (thermal mammograms) Anylab Test Now, Rockford Hyperbaric Oxygen, EastWest Therapeutic Massage, Rockford Wellness & Diagnostic, Northern Illinois Medical Group, Step into Wellness, Connections Therapy Center, Hulsebus Chiropractic, Discovering Wellness, Luke Chiropractic & Functional Rehabilitation, My Massage Sanctuary, and Sue Michaelsen Tai Chi & Therapy.
Alternative treatments such as hyperbaric oxygen have been used successfully to treat everything from strokes to autism. Acupuncture and natural hormone therapy has also been used to successfully treat infertility. “I have had customers whose autistic children were unresponsive, and after using hyperbaric oxygen therapy, they are now normal-functioning children. I have also seen customers whose doctors had given up on them, beat their illnesses after using some of the above-listed alternative treatments and practitioners,” said Karen King, co-owner of Choices Natural Market. “There are so many negative side effects from some of the medications that people are seeking alternative treatments. We get calls every day asking us which doctors in the area use natural healing methods. We thought this would be a great way to introduce our customers and the Rockford community to natural medicine. We are hoping to raise awareness and educate people about what options are available”
The fair will be will be held Saturday, June 20 in the parking lot at Choices Natural Market, 6551 E. Riverside Blvd., Rockford, and will run from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
From the June 16-22, 2010 issue