- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes: Week of June 16-22, 2010
Matt Montalbano, an associate vice president and financial consultant in RBC Wealth Management’s Rockford office, was named to the company’s President’s Council. The annual award recognizes employees for outstanding performance and professional growth and demonstrating leadership in client service. He was also selected to be a member of the firm’s Consulting Group, an exclusive group of consultants recognized for their success in building consultative, fee-based businesses. … The Rockford Chamber of Commerce young professionals group, IGNITE, elected its new leadership team. Members include Laura Vaughan of William-Charles Environmental Services, vice president; Todd Hansmeier of Northwestern Mutual, treasurer; Landon Pryor of Affiliated Surgeons of Rockford; Meghan Full of the Morrissey Family Businesses and GIVE co-chairman; Melissa Schraiber of the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center and GIVE co-chairman; Tricia Diduch of the Village of Machesney Park and REACH co-chairman; and Michael Hopkins of Oblique Ideas and LEAD co-chairman. … Chad Conti was named May Employee of the Month at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. Conti is a supervisor on the help desk. He was nominated for his customer service skills, work ethic and ability to go above and beyond to accomplish goals.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 16-22, 2010 issue