- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Community news and notes: Week of June 16-22, 2010
Matt Montalbano, an associate vice president and financial consultant in RBC Wealth Management’s Rockford office, was named to the company’s President’s Council. The annual award recognizes employees for outstanding performance and professional growth and demonstrating leadership in client service. He was also selected to be a member of the firm’s Consulting Group, an exclusive group of consultants recognized for their success in building consultative, fee-based businesses. … The Rockford Chamber of Commerce young professionals group, IGNITE, elected its new leadership team. Members include Laura Vaughan of William-Charles Environmental Services, vice president; Todd Hansmeier of Northwestern Mutual, treasurer; Landon Pryor of Affiliated Surgeons of Rockford; Meghan Full of the Morrissey Family Businesses and GIVE co-chairman; Melissa Schraiber of the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center and GIVE co-chairman; Tricia Diduch of the Village of Machesney Park and REACH co-chairman; and Michael Hopkins of Oblique Ideas and LEAD co-chairman. … Chad Conti was named May Employee of the Month at Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. Conti is a supervisor on the help desk. He was nominated for his customer service skills, work ethic and ability to go above and beyond to accomplish goals.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 16-22, 2010 issue