This week in The Times: Phillip Guererro
Vitals: Phillip Guererro, 37, is a lifelong resident of the Rock River Valley. Guererro lives in Winnebago and works as a carpenter. In his spare time, he enjoys being outdoors where he camps, hunts and fishes.
1. In light of the recent tragedy in Arkansas where 19 campers were killed in a flash flood, do you plan on changing any camping plans? No, not really. I think that tragedy was an isolated, unexpected incident that no one could’ve predicted. I enjoy camping and being outdoors, so I don’t I see myself canceling any camping plans. I may take a closer look at where I set up sleeping quarters, but I’ll still be camping.
2. What three things do you enjoy most about the Rock River Valley? That’s simple. I love all the parks and nature preserves. I love all the rivers and places to fish, and I also enjoy the people here.
3. Do you have any summer vacation plans? Summer is usually my busy season, so I don’t get the chance to leave town all that often. This fall, I’m going to northern Michigan to hunt with some friends and co-workers.
4. What is your favorite activity when you are not working? I love being outdoors, even though much of my work is done outdoors. When I’m not working, you can find me somewhere fishing or hunting. Plus, when I have the time and space, I love to read as many different books as possible.
5. Question from last week’s “This week in The Times” participant, George Scaduto: How do you plan on keeping yourself in shape as you get older? Well, I work a lot and always try to eat right. The working is not only good for keeping your body in shape, but it also helps to keep your mind sharp as you age.
“This week in The Times” is a weekly survey of people selected by The Rock River Times staff. The column does not accept unsolicited submissions.
From the June 16-22, 2010 issue