- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Charlotte’s Web presents Treasa LaVasseur
From press release
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts announces its 12th Annual Sinnissippi Summer Series, beginning with Treasa LeVasseur, at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, June 26, in the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Charlotte’s Web sends a great big thank you to the Rockford Park District, the Illinois Arts Council and WNIJ-FM for making the Sinnissippi Summer Series possible! This first performance will be a rockin’ blues and rhythm concert.
Rain site will be Mendelssohn PAC, 415 N. Church St. Call (815) 987-8800 after 2 p.m. on the day of the concert for rain site info. All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. All the concerts are free. Picnic baskets are welcome, no alcohol, please. The Rockford Park District welcomes the opportunity to assist guests with special needs. The Music Shell is wheelchair accessible. An assistive listening system is available for those who are hard of hearing. For special assistance, call (815) 987-1600 (voice TTY) at least 48 hours in advance.
The next two concerts are scheduled for Saturday, July 10, featuring Caravan Gypsy Swing Ensemble, and Saturday, July 24, with Too Deep. Because of unforeseen scheduling conflicts, Tingstad & Rumbel will not be performing July 24 as previously planned.
For information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.CharlottesWebof Rockford.org.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue