- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Community news and notes: Week of June 23-29, 2010
Keith Kilburn joined Premier Wealth Group in Rockford as a financial services representative. Premier Wealth Group, an office of MetLife, offers an array of financial products and services including life, disability income, long-term care insurance and annuities, mutual funds and investment products. … Chris Kelley, co-owner and director of Internet development at KMK Media Group, and Cindy Harris, KMK Media Group communications manager, took leadership roles within the American Advertising Federation’s National Student Advertising Competition for District Six in April in Detroit. Kelley, governor-elect of AAF District Six, was the coordinator of the overall event and managed the setup, scheduling and recruitment of judges and volunteers. He was also the main contact for student teams and their advisers. … Brent Brodeski, managing director and financial adviser with Savant Capital Management, was named the 2010 Distinguished Finance Alumnus from the College of Business at Northern Illinois University. He was recognized at the 20th Annual College of Business luncheon.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue