- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Community news and notes: Week of June 23-29, 2010
Keith Kilburn joined Premier Wealth Group in Rockford as a financial services representative. Premier Wealth Group, an office of MetLife, offers an array of financial products and services including life, disability income, long-term care insurance and annuities, mutual funds and investment products. … Chris Kelley, co-owner and director of Internet development at KMK Media Group, and Cindy Harris, KMK Media Group communications manager, took leadership roles within the American Advertising Federation’s National Student Advertising Competition for District Six in April in Detroit. Kelley, governor-elect of AAF District Six, was the coordinator of the overall event and managed the setup, scheduling and recruitment of judges and volunteers. He was also the main contact for student teams and their advisers. … Brent Brodeski, managing director and financial adviser with Savant Capital Management, was named the 2010 Distinguished Finance Alumnus from the College of Business at Northern Illinois University. He was recognized at the 20th Annual College of Business luncheon.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue