- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
IEPA provides grant for Aug. 7-8 Illinois Renewable Energy Fair
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association, Inc. (IREA) has received a grant from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for the Ninth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair.
The fair has been recognized by state energy organizations and agencies as Illinois’ premier renewable energy event. It has grown annually and now features nearly 60 workshops, more than 100 exhibits, field trips, children’s activities and music.
The 2010 fair will be Aug. 7-8 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds near Oregon, Ill. It provides an opportunity for people who are interested in using renewable energy in their own lives to meet those who provide equipment and services; and for those who are interested in living a compatible lifestyle to learn about products and techniques to help them.
For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue