- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
IEPA provides grant for Aug. 7-8 Illinois Renewable Energy Fair
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association, Inc. (IREA) has received a grant from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for the Ninth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair.
The fair has been recognized by state energy organizations and agencies as Illinois’ premier renewable energy event. It has grown annually and now features nearly 60 workshops, more than 100 exhibits, field trips, children’s activities and music.
The 2010 fair will be Aug. 7-8 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds near Oregon, Ill. It provides an opportunity for people who are interested in using renewable energy in their own lives to meet those who provide equipment and services; and for those who are interested in living a compatible lifestyle to learn about products and techniques to help them.
For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue