- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
IEPA provides grant for Aug. 7-8 Illinois Renewable Energy Fair
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association, Inc. (IREA) has received a grant from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for the Ninth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair.
The fair has been recognized by state energy organizations and agencies as Illinois’ premier renewable energy event. It has grown annually and now features nearly 60 workshops, more than 100 exhibits, field trips, children’s activities and music.
The 2010 fair will be Aug. 7-8 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds near Oregon, Ill. It provides an opportunity for people who are interested in using renewable energy in their own lives to meet those who provide equipment and services; and for those who are interested in living a compatible lifestyle to learn about products and techniques to help them.
For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue