- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
IEPA provides grant for Aug. 7-8 Illinois Renewable Energy Fair
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association, Inc. (IREA) has received a grant from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for the Ninth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair.
The fair has been recognized by state energy organizations and agencies as Illinois’ premier renewable energy event. It has grown annually and now features nearly 60 workshops, more than 100 exhibits, field trips, children’s activities and music.
The 2010 fair will be Aug. 7-8 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds near Oregon, Ill. It provides an opportunity for people who are interested in using renewable energy in their own lives to meet those who provide equipment and services; and for those who are interested in living a compatible lifestyle to learn about products and techniques to help them.
For more information, visit www.illinoisrenew.org.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue