- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Park District releases Music in the Park commemorative CD
From press release
To commemorate the year 2010 as the 60th anniversary of the Sinnissippi Music Shell, the Rockford Park District produced a CD composed of songs from many of the favorite Music in the Park performers over the past decade. Included in the 15 songs, this just-released compact disc features a cross section of concert favorites such as the Phantom Regiment, Rockford Concert Band, Moonlight Jazz Orchestra, Starlite Radio and local saxophone artist Harlan Jefferson.
A Rockford tradition for music lovers of all ages, the Music in the Park entertainment series has evolved over the years to provide unique musical performances throughout the district. The free concert performances start at 7:30 p.m. and are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the summer at Sinnissippi Park Music Shell, 1401 N. Second St., in Rockford.
For information about all performances of the Rockford Park District’s Sounds of Summer free entertainment series, get a copy of the Sounds of Summer program book at Park District Customer Service, and facilities or in downloadable format on www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/musicshell. The 48-page booklet contains schedules and performance descriptions for the following programs featuring local and regional talents and encompassing a variety of styles and genres: Music in the Park, Imagination Station, Charlotte’s Web, Live at Levings and Domingo en el Parque.
Sounds of Summer concerts are funded in part through grants from the Illinois Arts Council and Rockford Area Arts Council.
The CDs will be on sale for $10 at all concerts, as well as at Rockford Park District Customer Service at the Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., in Rockford, and Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, in Loves Park.
For more information, contact John Beck, Rockford Park District Events & Recreation projects manager, at (815) 987-1636 or email@example.com.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue