- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Rampage pro soccer team offers youth summer camps
By Doug Halberstadt
With the FIFA World Cup in full swing, professional soccer is dominating the world’s sporting headlines this month. Not to be outdone, and attempting to capitalize on some of that popularity, Rockford’s own professional soccer team is also trying to make some news.
The Rockford Rampage of the Major Indoor Soccer League have recently announced their 2010 Rampage Summer Camps schedule. According to the Rampage’s press release, “The camps are a fun and unique opportunity to learn soccer alongside the professional players themselves.”
The Rampage have four Rockford-area camps on the docket for boys and girls, grades 2-8. Locations include Sportscore Two, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., in Loves Park (June 28-July 2); two camps at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., in Rockford (July 26-30 and Aug. 9-13); and Southwest Community Park, 2004 Ogilby Road, in Rockford (Aug. 2-6).
Each camp site offers half-day camps from either 9 a.m. to noon or 1 to 4 p.m., or full-day camps from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Full-day camp participants have a lunch break from noon to 1 p.m., and campers are encouraged to bring a lunch. The cost is $75 for half-day camps and $125 for the full-day camp.
All campers receive a camp T-shirt, soccer ball and certificate of participation.
Camp payments can be mailed to Rockford Rampage, 5411 E. State St., Suite 6, Rockford, IL 61108. For more information, contact Jen Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Rampage offices at (779) 423-1082.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue