- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Rampage pro soccer team offers youth summer camps
By Doug Halberstadt
With the FIFA World Cup in full swing, professional soccer is dominating the world’s sporting headlines this month. Not to be outdone, and attempting to capitalize on some of that popularity, Rockford’s own professional soccer team is also trying to make some news.
The Rockford Rampage of the Major Indoor Soccer League have recently announced their 2010 Rampage Summer Camps schedule. According to the Rampage’s press release, “The camps are a fun and unique opportunity to learn soccer alongside the professional players themselves.”
The Rampage have four Rockford-area camps on the docket for boys and girls, grades 2-8. Locations include Sportscore Two, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., in Loves Park (June 28-July 2); two camps at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., in Rockford (July 26-30 and Aug. 9-13); and Southwest Community Park, 2004 Ogilby Road, in Rockford (Aug. 2-6).
Each camp site offers half-day camps from either 9 a.m. to noon or 1 to 4 p.m., or full-day camps from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Full-day camp participants have a lunch break from noon to 1 p.m., and campers are encouraged to bring a lunch. The cost is $75 for half-day camps and $125 for the full-day camp.
All campers receive a camp T-shirt, soccer ball and certificate of participation.
Camp payments can be mailed to Rockford Rampage, 5411 E. State St., Suite 6, Rockford, IL 61108. For more information, contact Jen Wells at email@example.com or call the Rampage offices at (779) 423-1082.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue