- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
Rampage pro soccer team offers youth summer camps
By Doug Halberstadt
With the FIFA World Cup in full swing, professional soccer is dominating the world’s sporting headlines this month. Not to be outdone, and attempting to capitalize on some of that popularity, Rockford’s own professional soccer team is also trying to make some news.
The Rockford Rampage of the Major Indoor Soccer League have recently announced their 2010 Rampage Summer Camps schedule. According to the Rampage’s press release, “The camps are a fun and unique opportunity to learn soccer alongside the professional players themselves.”
The Rampage have four Rockford-area camps on the docket for boys and girls, grades 2-8. Locations include Sportscore Two, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., in Loves Park (June 28-July 2); two camps at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., in Rockford (July 26-30 and Aug. 9-13); and Southwest Community Park, 2004 Ogilby Road, in Rockford (Aug. 2-6).
Each camp site offers half-day camps from either 9 a.m. to noon or 1 to 4 p.m., or full-day camps from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Full-day camp participants have a lunch break from noon to 1 p.m., and campers are encouraged to bring a lunch. The cost is $75 for half-day camps and $125 for the full-day camp.
All campers receive a camp T-shirt, soccer ball and certificate of participation.
Camp payments can be mailed to Rockford Rampage, 5411 E. State St., Suite 6, Rockford, IL 61108. For more information, contact Jen Wells at email@example.com or call the Rampage offices at (779) 423-1082.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the June 23-29, 2010 issue