- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Clock Tower to host ‘Blues Around the Clock’ Aug. 7
By Jim Hagerty
The vibrant Rockford-area festival season will be even more exciting for more music fans this year. The Blues Around the Clock festival is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 7, on the grounds of the Clock Tower Resort.
Seven bands, including headliner W.C. Clark, mentor to the late Stevie Ray Vaughan, are slated to play the 12-hour event. The festival will run 11 a.m. to 11. p.m. In the event of severe weather, the show will be brought inside the 10,000-square-foot banquet facility.
Clock Tower officials hope Blues Around the Clock will attract fans from throughout the region and bring business to area establishments, including the resort’s lounges, restaurants and indoor water park.
“This will be full of a lot of stars and full of a lot of fun,” Clock Tower Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director Randall Smith said. “In picking the date, we tried to spread it out between the other things going on in Rockford that are exciting, so the entire summer is filled with events (that) continue to create energy in Rockford.”
Special room rates and packages will be available during the event.
Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the gate. Children younger than 10 are admitted free. Advanced tickets can be purchased by calling the Clock Tower at (815) 229-4572 or at the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery. Room reservations can be made at clocktowerresort.com.
Blues Around the Clock lineup
Alex Wilson Band; Perry Weber and the Devilles; Sequoia and the Virgins; Purgatory Hill, featuring Pat MacDonald and Melanie Jane; The Jimmy’s; Barstool Bob Blues Band; The Velveetatones, featuring Ken Saydak, Tony Menzer, Craig Panosh and “Lost Jim” Ohlshmidt; and W.C. Clark.
The Clock Tower Resort is at 7801 E. State St., Rockford.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010 issue